Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Incredibly Sad News, Ed Foster has died

Ed Foster: 1949-2008
I'm sorry to inform you all that my dad, Ed Foster, Died on Saturday of an apparent heart attack. He was 59. He was very proud of the work he had done and the community he had built here. He was very engaged in what you all had to say, and we had many running instant message conversations about comments or emails people had sent. He was an extremely smart man, and he loved to be mentally stimulated, whether it was a good book, an interesting conversation, or one of the many comments you posted that made him look at something in a slightly different way. As you can probably tell, I'm not half the writer my dad was, and it's very difficult for me to think of the words to say what I feel(It doesn't help that when I get stuck on a word or phrase, I think "I know, I'll ask my dad!") , but I just want everybody to know that this site and the people on it meant a lot to him. I'm going to miss him. More then words could express, even if he was here to help me think of them.

He was an incredible consumer advocate and made a tremendous contribution to product quality. We will not see his like again, he will be missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alice -

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I lost mine 25 years ago, when he was only 53. Although I have now been without him longer than I was with him, it's as though he is still here, and I hear his voice everyday. Take care of yourself, and know that smart, witty, clever and incredible fathers like ours never really leave.

We don't know eachother, but I do read your posts, and I needed to say I'm sorry. I hope the next days and months bring you all the strength you need.

Lynn Espinoza

Alice said...

Not my Dad, I will have to edit the link. My Dad, Roger Marshall, passed in Jan. 2001. I still miss him.