Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Life of a high profile tech blogger

Michael Arrington
Yesterday as I was leaving the DLD Conference in Munich, Germany someone walked up to me and quite deliberately spat in my face. Before I even understood what was happening, he veered off into the crowd, just another dark head in a dark suit. People around me stared, then looked away and continued their conversation.


Wow, that is worse than wrong, spitting on people is actionable. Be warned, if I ever witness anything of that nature, I am reporting it to the police. If I am ever so unfortunate as to be assaulted in such a manner, you can bet that I am pressing charges.

When you see something like that you don't just avert your gaze, you offer aide and offer to be a witness for any police report.

On the other hand ...

I have never pitched to TechCrunch, and I never will. I don't do business with those who advertise their contempt for my industry and broadcast their intention of lying to me.

via Small Business Trends

Edit -
Wow, Michael Singer takes a real blame the victim view of the matter.
Did he deserve such harsh treatment? Perhaps. But, love him or hate him, let's not forget one thing: Michael Arrington is a human being. Someone walked up to him in public and spat in his face. That's pretty disgusting no matter who you are.


Emphasis added. And, er, NO. No one deserves to be on the receiving end of a criminal assualt. This is a real threat to free speech. How can Arrington put out a publication when he has to worry about his family.

We are in hard times. Most of us are going to lose a lot of mony. But we do not have to lose our dignity, and when we condone, excuse, or minimize an attack on a writer, we sacrifice part of our dignity. Let us not go down that road.

No comments: