Friday, March 08, 2013

What a great name for a Communications blog!

Say no to mean, I Say What I Mean, but I Don't Say it Meanly The thoughts and words of Diana M. Rodriguez

 She has some excellent tips for email, my personal favorite:
Don’t #2 Texting acronyms: Many college students will be in for a rude awakening if they believe that acronyms that are used in text messages are acceptable when writing business emails. For example, using the acronym “GTG” for “good to go” will not be accepted or understood. In an office environment is best to stick with clear, concise wording and limit the use of abbreviated acronyms that the receiver may or may not understand.
Readers of this blog know that I try to stay away from acronyms of any kind. Between federal acronyms, military acronyms, and technology acronyms, room for confusion is too great. We should try to set a good example for our clients.

No comments: